jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Toback" <Michael.Tob...@chordiant.com>
Subject RE: object references
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:56:31 GMT
Just from first principles, JCS saves objects, not trees of objects. So
you might consider using "soft" references (id strings to reference
other stored objects), or creating a self-contained object to store.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Duke Tantiprasut [mailto:duketantiprasut@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:29 AM
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: object references

Hi All,

I'm looking to use JCS and have a couple of newbie question about object
references. I have objects (A) that references other objects (B). If I
put A
into the cache, do I still manually have to put B into the cache as well
or
does JCS automatically store B? Conversely, if I get A from the cache,
do I
need to manually get B from the cache and reconstruct A with the
reference
to B?

Thanks
Duke
The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.