jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Marek.Cy...@equifax.com
Subject RE: Exception in log files under heavy load
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:03:18 GMT

I thing I found it.

Explanation of this error is pretty simple - I put a serializable object
into the cache, but after some time I get it out of the cache and start
making modifications to it. But at the same time the TCP sender is trying
to serialize it.

Solution:
- have a deep copy method implemented
- create a copy when pulling objects out of cache so that serialization can
complete

Thanks,

Marek Cyzio
Equifax
(770)740-6610
Marek.Cyzio@equifax.com

             Marek
             Cyzio/Technology/
             Equifax                                                    To
                                       "JCS Users List"
             11/10/2006 02:40          <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>
                                       "JCS Users List"
                                       <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Exception in log files under
                                       heavy load(Document link: Marek
                                       Cyzio)

The latest.

No.

No.

Thanks,

Marek Cyzio
Equifax
(770)740-6610
Marek.Cyzio@equifax.com

             "Smuts, Aaron"
             <Aaron.Smuts@trav
             elocity.com>                                               To
                                       "JCS Users List"
             11/10/2006 02:29          <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Exception in log files under
             "JCS Users List"          heavy load
             <jcs-users@jakart
               a.apache.org>

What version of JCS are you using?

Are you using groups?

Are you using partial key removal--ending a string key in ":"?

java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:787)
>              at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:829)
>              at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:827)
>              at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(HashMap.java:983)
>              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor114.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
>              at

Im
> pl.java:25)
>
>              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>              at

java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:890)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1333)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
28
> 4)
>
>              at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1073)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:13
69
> )
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1341)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
28
> 4)
>
>              at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1073)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:13
69
> )
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1341)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
28
> 4)
>
>              at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1073)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:13
69
> )
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1341)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
28
> 4)
>
>              at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1073)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:13
69
> )
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1341)
>              at

java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
28
> 4)
>
>              at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1073)
>              at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:291)
>              at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPSender.send(Latera
lT
> CPSender.java:212)
>
>              at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService.update(Lat
er
> alTCPService.java:117)
>
>              at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCache.update(LateralCache.java:9
7)
>              at
> org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheAdaptor.handlePut(CacheAdaptor.java:83)
>              at

org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$PutEvent.doRun(CacheEventQueue.jav
a:
> 656)
>
>              at

org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent.run(CacheEventQ
ue
> ue.java:578)
>
>              at

org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$QProcessor.run(CacheEventQueue.jav
a: