jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodríguez Lasterra" <laste...@javahispano.org>
Subject Re: null values/hasKey??
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 13:14:05 GMT
i will try to explain it, but my english is not as good as it should be :-(

I want to use JCS on my SDO/jsr235 persistence system. When i make a
"select * fro  table where primaryKey = X" o could get a table row or
not, but i want to store the result on the cache.

If I repeat the select, i want to check if JCS has the table row
stored on it by its primaryKey. If it is stored, but its value is
null, it should response with null and it should counted as a hit
count, becouse null is the value i put on the cache.

if the cache does not kave the primaryKey stored, i should get the row
from database.

So, from my point of view, is not the same store null values or leave
cache without nulls.

We the workaround, everything run perfectly but the stats of
hitCount/missCount aren't real.

Regards, Enrique.