jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Removing singleton design of JCS
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:11:24 GMT
No, we are not currently working on removing the
enforced singleton nature of JCS, but yes it would be
somewhat useful if you could run multiple instances in
a vm  The only things that rely on the singleton
nature are the remote and lateral listeners.

I started making changes such that the listeners would
be passed a cache manager on construction.  I think it
is nearly complete.  There are a few static lists and
maps in the various managers that would have to change
too.  We should try to come up with a list and then go
from there.  Any help is, of course, appreciated.

(Yes, JBoss cache is awful.  I've discussed it before
on the list. . . .  EH is a stripped down version of
JCS with almost none of the features.  The orignal
code was JCS about 4 years ago . . . . .  Please don't
get me started.)

Cheers,

Aaron