jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Denis Pasek" <dpa...@100world.de>
Subject JCS for session management with failover
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:18:12 GMT
Hi everyone,

in my current project I'm trying to use JCS for a global session
management for several clusters of Tomcat servers. On each cluster there
will be a number of applications using this "global session". All
cluster should be able

to access the session data.

In my current setup I'm using the remote cache server with a second
failover server. My problem is that when the first server is killed the
session is not available on the second server. The log files show me
that the key seems to be available on the second server but the data is
not. It seems that the servers do not replicate only the keys not the
data: so all servers have the key but only one server has the data. Is
this behaviour by design (since JCS is a cache not a distributed data
store) or a configuration problem? My configuration is identical (except
the region names) to the provided example configuration in SVN for the
remote cache.

Does the lateral cache solve the problem?

Greetings

Denis