jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Olenin" <VOle...@cihi.ca>
Subject configuration question
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:42:32 GMT
Hi.

I need to configure JCS in the following manner:

- need to load 100K entries into the cache
- NONE of the entries are allowed to be expired (ie, ALL must be
eternal)
- have to keep in memory not more than 1000 entries at a time
- the rest entries should be swapped to disk automatically

What is the default setting that would work the best? The current
configuration I use is below and it seem to work. I can't quite figure
out the meaning of 'MaxPurgatorySize' property. From the docs I
understood that it's just the size of the 'disk purge' queue. But the
tests show that if it's a positive number, then the entries start to be
'expired' from the cache (eg, if set to 1000 it seems like only a small
fraction of 100K entries remains in cache and some of the entries put in
the cache become missing for sure, since jcs.get returns null).

Thanks!.

jcs.default = DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT
jcs.default.cacheattributes =
org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects = 1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName =
org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.I
ndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.dis
k.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes.DiskPath=c:/Projects/Grouper
/temp/jcs
jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes.maxKeySize=-1
jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=-1