jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Olenin" <VOle...@cihi.ca>
Subject HELP - very weird behaviour
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:51:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the following configuration:

----------------------------
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=./temp
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=100000
------------------------

The weird thing is that the entries retrieval performance degrades when
'jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects' grows. I assumed it should be
the other way around. When I set this value to '10000' and put not more
than '10000' entries in cache, the jcs.get(key) start to CRAWL!!!
(returns within 2-3 seconds) with CPU consumption at 100%. The 'data'
and 'key' files are empty, which seems to prove that all entries are
contained in memory and nothing has been swapped to HD.

When that setting is at '10', 'data' and 'key' files are growing to
several megs (with my data), which seem to prove that almost all entries
are swaped to HD, while jcs.get() call returns within serveral
milliseconds.

What am I doing wrong?...

Thanks.

Vlad