jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: configuration question
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:21:01 GMT

--- Vladimir Olenin <VOlenin@cihi.ca> wrote:
Sorry, the docs are wrong.  DiskUsagePattern is the
property but you have to set it with a "name".  Use
"DiskUsagePatternName=UPDATE"

http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/IndexedDiskAuxCache.html

> You should probably run with the cacheattributes
> properly called
> DiskUsagePatternName=UPDATE.  This will cause the
> items to go to disk
> when they are added to the cache instead of when
> they fall out of the
> Memory cache.
>
> If you are going to flood the cache with items, then
> don't set a
> purgatory limit, or set it to the number you will be
> adding if it is
> known.
>
> Aaron
>
> --- Vladimir Olenin <VOlenin@cihi.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I need to configure JCS in the following manner:
> >
> > - need to load 100K entries into the cache
> > - NONE of the entries are allowed to be expired
> (ie, ALL must be
> > eternal)
> > - have to keep in memory not more than 1000
> entries at a time
> > - the rest entries should be swapped to disk
> automatically
> >
> > What is the default setting that would work the
> best? The current
> > configuration I use is below and it seem to work.
> I can't quite figure
>
> > out the meaning of 'MaxPurgatorySize' property.
> From the docs I
> > understood that it's just the size of the 'disk
> purge' queue. But the
> > tests show that if it's a positive number, then
> the entries start to
> > be 'expired' from the cache (eg, if set to 1000 it
> seems like only a
> > small fraction of 100K entries remains in cache
> and some of the
> > entries put in the cache become missing for sure,
> since jcs.get
> > returns null).
> >
> > Thanks!.

> > jcs.default = DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes =
> > org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects = 1000
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName =
> > org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.I
> > ndexedDiskCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.dis
> > k.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes.DiskPath=c:/Projects/Grouper
> > /temp/jcs

jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes.maxKeySize=-1

jcs.auxiliary.DC_SMALL_FOOTPRINT.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=-1