jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: some newbie user questions
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:54:05 GMT

--- Russell East <reast@esri.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Aaron.
>
> > I run upwards of 5 or 6 tomcat instances running
> > different applications each using JCS on a single
> box.
> >    If they are using distribution plugins that
> require
> > them to bind to aprticular port, then I just
> configure
> > them to listen to different ports.
> Just to confirm.  In your system, do all the (5 or
> 6) tomcat instances
> use precisely the same cache.ccf?

No.  I run multiple applications, each in their own
tomcat instance, on the same machine.  They each have
their own configuration files.  I have dozens of
machines that run various sets of the applications.
Most of my applications do not share cache data.  They
all use JCS though.  Some applications share cache
data via the tcp lateral auxiliary and some share data
via the rmi remote cache service.

The cache is process specific.  You have to use a
distibution auxiliary to share data.  The indexed disk
cache cannot be used for distribution.  I uset he
tomcat work directory for the disk cache, typically.
The jdbc disk cache could be used for distribution,
perhaps, but not the indexed disk cache.

Aaron

 In other words,