jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject Still having problems with the stopRemoteCache.sh script
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:24:47 GMT

Hi,

Back in June I asked about a script for stopping the remote caching server
and you gave me the following direction:

java -cp $CLASSPATH
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory -shutdown
/$JCS_CONFIG_FILE

I tried this and had some errors.  Some of these I have resolved by changes
in my remote.cache.ccf file.  One example is that I had to use port 1099
instead of 1101 which your examples show because the shutdown code in the
RemoteCacheServer Factory is looking for this port.

The other change I made was instead of using "localhost" in the remote
config file I used the IP address that we are communicating on because we
use dual NIC cards and communicate via the bottom port.

Now, I'm left with this error when I try to execute the script:

Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object
in table
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:264)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:240)
        at
sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:96)
        at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:96)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:272)

Once again, it appears that the code is looking for some parameter in the
remote.cache.ccf file that is either not present or not set correctly.
Reviewing the code in main() I find the following line:

String serviceName =
prop.getProperty("remote.cache.service.name",IRemoteCacheConstants.REMOTE_CACHE_SERVICE_VAL.trim();

Here  is the "top" part of my remote.cache.ccf file where I have had to
make the two changes mentioned to get the execution to this point:

# Registry used to register and provide the IRmiCacheService service.
registry.host=10.1.193.21
registry.port=1099
# call back port to local caches.
remote.cache.service.port=1099
# cluster setting
remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=false

Can you please tell me:

1.  Can you pass in the port for shutdown as a parameter, e.g., -1101?
2.  What do I need to do in order to get rid of this one remaining
exception regarding the "naming.lookup" as I do not have a DNS server in
this environment?

Thanks.

Paul

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents
of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately
at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve
and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages
by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.