jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject One more step closer in stopRemoteCache.sh script
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:49:58 GMT

Well, I figured out that I had to add the following line to my
remote.cache.ccf file:

remote.cache.service.name=kax9006cc    (this is the DNS server and UNIX
host table name for this port)

What "table" is the code looking for?

The specific call in main() that it appears to be failing on is "Object obj
= Naming.lookup(registry);

This sounds like something for a Windows environment...I'm using AIX
UNIX....suggestions?

Could this be referring to a required entry in the "simplelog.properties"
file that is missing?  If so, what is it?

Thanks.

Paul

[INFO] RemoteCacheServerFactory - -Binding server to 10.1.193.21:1099 with
the name kax9006cc
Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object
in table
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java(Compiled Code))
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown
Source)(Compiled Code)
        at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Naming.java(Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.startup(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java(Compiled
 Code))

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents
of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately
at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve
and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages
by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.