jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject Application server at JDK 1.3.1 and Remote Cache Server at JDK 1.4.2...which versions of JCS to use
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:44:35 GMT

When our consultant set JCS up for us he use the jcs-1.2.7.3 jar on both
the application server and remote cache server.  So far, this does not seem
to be a problem.  However, when on the JCS site I noticed a jar with the
name jcs-jdk14-ext-1.2.6.6.jar.  Should we be using this last jar file on
our remote cache server or is it OK to have them both using jcs-1.2.7.3.jar
which up until this point has worked just fine.  Also, I did run the remote
cache server using IBM JDK 1.3.1 SR8 and did not see any difference as
compared to JDK 1.4.2.  What is your recommendation on this?

Also, how do we know which is your latest production release of the JCS
jar?  I tried using jcs.1.2.7.6 last week and received an Oracle error in
my application logs and so went back to jcs-1.2.7.3.jar.

Thanks.

Paul

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents
of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately
at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve
and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages
by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.