jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject Re: Is there a "stopRemoteCache.sh" script available?
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:48:19 GMT
Hi,

I tried to create the script you spoke of and got the following exception
message when executing it:

[348304]kax9006c:jcs> scripts/stopRemoteCache.sh
[ERROR] RemoteCacheServerFactory - -Problem calling shutdown.
<java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread;
nested exception is:
        java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.1.192.21;
nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted
connect operation.>java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in
server thread; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.1.192.21;
nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted
connect operation.
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java(Compiled
Code))
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java(Compiled Code))
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled
Code))
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.handleRequest(TCPTransport.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java(Compiled Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:264)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:240)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer_Stub.shutdown(Unknown
 Source)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:280)
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
10.1.192.21; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted
connect operation.
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java(Compiled
Code))
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.unbind(RegistryImpl_Stub.java(Compiled
Code))
        at java.rmi.Naming.unbind(Naming.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.shutdownImpl(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.shutdown(RemoteCacheServer.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
 Code))
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
[...]
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted
connect operation.
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java(Compiled Code))
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java(Compiled Code))
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java(Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory$1.createSocket(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java(Compiled
 Code))
        ... 22 more

Here is my "stopRemoteCache.sh" script for our UNIX server:

export
CLASSPATH=bin:lib/jcs-1.2.7.3.jar:lib/commons-logging.jar:lib/commons-logging-api.jar:lib/concurrent.jar
export ARGS="-classpath $CLASSPATH"
export REMOTE=/remote.cache.ccf

/usr/java14/bin/java $ARGS
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory -shutdown
$REMOTE

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

             "Alistair Forbes"
             <forbes.al@google
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       "JCS Users List"
             06/22/2006 04:29          <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Is there a "stopRemoteCache.sh"
             "JCS Users List"          script available?
             <jcs-users@jakart
               a.apache.org>

The stop is fairly simple:

java -cp $CLASSPATH
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory -shutdown
/$JCS_CONFIG_FILE

But I think Aaron's suggestion of embedding JCS in Tomcat is probably
simpler for most folks. Tomcat provides the start/stop scripts, and JCS
provides some web based admin tools.

Regards
Al