jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject Re: Timeout for determining a remote cache is down, and to reconnect
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:45:36 GMT
Yes, I have tried those params other than I've increased the "gcInterval"
to 3600000 because at 600000 this would put a full GC right in the middle
of my busiest time and cause instability.  I may go even higher than
3600000 because the regular GC algorithms seem to give the best overall GC
pattern.

Paul

             "Alistair Forbes"
             <forbes.al@google
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       "JCS Users List"
             06/27/2006 12:10          <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Timeout for determining a
             "JCS Users List"          remote cache is down, and to
             <jcs-users@jakart         reconnect
               a.apache.org>

Hi Paul,

I get the same errors from the remote cache - 1.5 GB. I have not tried
changing the gc params yet. Have you tried these?

       -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000 \
       -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000 \
       -Dsun.rmi.transport.tcp.connectionPool=true \

Regards
Al

On 6/27/06, Paul.Lewandowski@kohls.com <Paul.Lewandowski@kohls.com> wrote:

> Some additional information:
>
> I looked at my std-err logs after the run and saw the following sequences
> of messages:
>
> [ERROR] RemoteCache - -Disabling remote cache due to error Failed to put
> 195717::147343 to 1862_object
> IDToAttributes
> [ERROR] RemoteCache - -Disabling remote cache due to error Failed to put
> 159971247 to 1862_ProductIDTo
> Promotions
> [ERROR] RemoteCache - -java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling
> return header: java.io.Interrup
> tedIOException: Read timed out
> [ERROR] RemoteCache - -Disabling remote cache due to error Failed to get
> 194388175 from 1862_contentID
> ToContent
> [ERROR] RemoteCache - -java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling
> return header: java.io.Interrup
> tedIOException: Read timed out
> [ERROR] RemoteCache - -java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling
> return header: java.io.Interrup
> tedIOException: Read timed out
> [WARN] RemoteCacheFailoverRunner - -Failed to reconnect to primary
server.
> Cache failover runner is go
> ing to sleep for 20000 milliseconds.
> [WARN] RemoteCacheFailoverRunner - -Failed to reconnect to primary
server.
> Cache failover runner is go
> ing to sleep for 20000 milliseconds.
> [WARN] RemoteCacheFailoverRunner - -Failed to reconnect to primary
server.
> Cache failover runner is go
> ing to sleep for 20000 milliseconds.
>
> There were three GC's on the remote caching server (3.5 sec, 10.5 sec.
and
> 11.2 sec) that coincide with the 3 occasions of this type of error
> message.
>
> Paul
>

>              Paul.Lewandowski@
>              kohls.com

>              06/27/2006 11:14          "JCS Users List"
>              AM                        <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

cc

>              Please respond to
Subject