jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject Re: Timeout for determining a remote cache is down, and to reconnect
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:47:56 GMT
Thanks.  I will be implementing a failover cluster shortly and realize that
this will minimize the impact.  In production, I will have a total of 4
remote caching servers with 6 application servers pointing to one as
primary.  Do you have a recommendation on if I should just configure one
failover or use all 4?

Thanks.

Paul

             Aaron Smuts
             <asmuts@yahoo.com
                                       JCS Users List
             06/27/2006 12:25          <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Timeout for determining a
             "JCS Users List"          remote cache is down, and to
             <jcs-users@jakart         reconnect
               a.apache.org>

You can set the timeout for the client, using this
parameter:

jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.RmiSocketFactoryTimeoutMillis=30000

I need to update the docs.  If the value is -1, the
cache will not try to set it.  So, if you specify -1,
the default RMI timeout of 60 seconds? will be used.
If you don't specify anything, then the cache uses a
default of 10 seconds.

    /** The default timeout for the custom RMI socket
facfory */
    public static final int
DEFAULT_RMI_SOCKET_FACTORY_TIMEOUT_MILLIS = 10000;

There is no way to configure the reconnect interval.
I will make it configurable.  You should also run a
failover remote cache server in a cluster.