jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Paul.Lewandow...@kohls.com
Subject Re: How to disable system.gc() calls every 60 seconds
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:21:55 GMT
The JCS jar file is jcs-1.2.7.3.jar.

We have the shrinker set to "false".

Paul

             Aaron Smuts
             <asmuts@yahoo.com
                                       JCS Users List
             06/14/2006 10:42          <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: How to disable system.gc()
             "JCS Users List"          calls every 60 seconds
             <jcs-users@jakart
               a.apache.org>

There used to be a System.gc() call in the memory
shrinker thread, but this was removed over 2 years
ago.  I don't think there are any others in the JCS
code base.  I'll take another look.   . . .  What
version of JCS are you running?