jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Core dump on remote cache server
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:40:00 GMT
Sounds like a bug in the VM, a problem making some
native call, or something similar.  What jvm are you
using?  (java -version) Are you running under an IBM
jvm?  Haven't seen anything like this since working
with Java on z/os on a mainframe.  . . .

How many clients do you have again, 4?  What kind of
load were ou genreating?  I remember you saying that
you had a 2 GB max heap size.  That might be
excessive.  Do you have verbosegc turned on
(-verbosegc at the command line)?  Was it using the
entire amount of memory allocated?

I run the remote server backed by MySQL using the JDBC
disk cache.  I only give my server 128MB and I put
tens of millions of items into it and pull about 1/3
of that our of it every day. . . .