jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JCS thread safe question.
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:03:28 GMT
Of course JCS is Thread safe, if you mean that it can
handle multiple threads accessing the same regions at
the same time.

It doesn't work the way you described, but it is
thread safe.  You won't get a corrupted value for a
key.

As for the memory cache, it is a reference cache.  It
returns references to objects in memory.  It does not
clone the values.  If you are manipulating objects
that are in the cache, any other Thread could get a
reference to that same object.  . ..  It is best to
clone objects that are retrieved from the cache prior
to modifying them or just don't modify objects that
have been put in the cache.

Aaron

--- emily chen <emilychen_2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>   I want to use JCS for my web application, and have
> some thread safe question.
>
>   Here is scenario:
>
>   I have a JCS cache named
�ePINBatchReportCache�,