jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to get embedded tomcat to work?
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 16:21:06 GMT
Embedded tomcat is not supported and will never be
suported again.  It is much easier to do the opposite:
Embed JCS in tomcat.  That's what I do.  I have access
to the JCSAdmin.jsp (
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/jcs/trunk/src/java/org/apache/jcs/admin/JCSAdmin.jsp?rev=393501&view=markup
)
and I dump the stats from servlet.  It's easy to
monitor, etc.

Remember that you can separate the tomcat home from
the base.  I run multiple tomcat bases (just the
config files and the webapps dir) on a single machine.
 It's great.

Here is the remote cache startup servlet I use.

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/jcs/trunk/src/java/org/apache/jcs/auxiliary/remote/server/RemoteCacheStartupServlet.java?rev=399331&view=markup

I do not use mbeans and will not support them.  They
are not portable and like most j2ee junk, they are too
cumbersome to use.  A simple startup servlet is
perfect for the remote cache.

Cheers,

Aaron