jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: RMISocketFactory
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:45:07 GMT
Both.  You don't want horrible lockups if there is a firewall problem.
Some of the add listener methods lock things that can create deadlocks
if there is a problem.  . . . In general it seems unsafe to do any kind
of network communication without timeouts.  All sorts of evil things can
happen.  I'll look into another solution, or the ability to have the
remote server not set the socket factory.  I need to think about it a
bit.

Any
> > suggestions?  I'll look into another option.

RemoteCache.java.

> > RMISocketFactory.
> > this.
RMI