jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: Settings for RemoteCache
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:44:16 GMT
The setting simply mean "can elements I thei region be set to a lateral
cache if there is one."  The cache goes through the list of auxiliaries
on a put, putting to each one.  If there is a lateral, it check to see
if the element can go lateral.  If not then the put is not sent to the
lateral.  The cache does not work the other way around:  It does NOT
check the element and then look for a lateral.

If
> running on separate machines, the exception is from the server trying
> connect to the client - the client that just sent the put() - and this
> only
> happens on an update to a key, never to the first set of puts. If
there
> are
> any hints on what JCS is trying to do, I can dig a bit deeper.
>

> On 3/24/06, Alistair Forbes <forbes.al@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I eventually got a working remote cache, but I hope someone can help
> with
> > a few issues:
> >
> > On the client-side, what does the LocalPort mean?
> > jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.LocalPort=1102
> >
> > If this is for the remote callback (for updates on the remote
server),
> > does this correspond to the remote config param:
> > remote.cache.service.port=1102
> >
> > IsLateral defaults to true. Should I disable this is only using a
Remote
> > RMI cache?
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> >

> > Inserting new values on the remote cache works. But when I update
> "put()"
> > values for existing keys I get the warnings below. The updates seem
> be
> > successful, but maybe something goes wrong.
> >
> > 12:42:03,011 DEBUG [CompositeCache] Updating auxilliary caches
> > 12:42:03,012 DEBUG [CompositeCache] Auxilliary cache type: 2
> > 12:42:03,016 DEBUG [RemoteCacheServer] qlist.length = 3
> > 12:42:03,017 DEBUG [CacheEventQueue] Event entering Queue for
testCache:
> > PutEvent for key: KEY99 value:
> > null
> > 12:42:03,017 DEBUG [CacheEventQueue] Event entering Queue for
testCache:
> > PutEvent for key: KEY99 value:
> > null
> > 12:42:03,017 DEBUG [CacheEventQueue] Event entering Queue for
testCache:
> > PutEvent for key: KEY99 value:
> > null
> > 12:42:03,018 DEBUG [RemoteCacheServer] put took 10 ms.
> > 12:42:03,024 WARN  [CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent]
> > java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1 ;
> nested
> > exception is:
> >         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
> > 12:42:03,024 WARN  [CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent] Error while
> > running event from Queue: PutEvent for key: KEY0 value: null.
Dropping