jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: RemoteCache Client will not shutdown after dispose
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:48:10 GMT
CompositeCacheManager.getInstance()

ServletContextListener
> > which detects the context is being destroyed and calls the
> JCS.dispose()
> > method on the two cache regions I was using.
> >
> > I have different behaviour when the client cache.ccf file is set up
> to:
> >
> > 1) Only use memory and disk auxiliary caches and NOT have any remote
> > cache auxiliary, the tomcat server shuts down, you see the debug
> entries
> > called to dispose of the JCS cache regions in the command prompt,
then
> > the command prompt window closes.
> >
> > - This is exactly what I would expect.
> >
> > 2) Include a RemoteCacheFactory as one of its auxiliary caches (as
> well
> > as memory and disk), the tomcat server shuts down and you see the
> debug
> > entries called to dispose of the JCS cache regions in the command
> > prompt, but the command prompt which was originally opened by the
> tomcat
> > startup script stays alive.
> >
> > - Why doesn't it shutdown? It appears that the Remote cache
auxiliary
> > isn't fully shutting down and the JVM is still alive. The window
sits
> > there forever, not further log messages are written to it.
> >
> > When my tomcat server shutdown, I need to be able to fully shutdown
> that
> > cache client (as happens in No.1), leaving the remote data intact.
> >
> > Your help would be appreciated!
> >

> > Extract from my client cache.ccf file for my Remote auxiliary
> settings:
> >
> > # - Remote RMI Cache set up to failover

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFacto
> > ry

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.Remot
> > eCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=localhost:1102,localh
> > ost:1103
> > #jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
> > jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
> > jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false
> > jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.TimeoutMillis=10000
> >

> > Extract from my remote server remote.cache.ccf file for my Remote
> > auxiliary settings:
> >
> > #Remote Cache

jcs.auxiliary.RCluster1=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFacto
> > ry

jcs.auxiliary.RCluster1.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.Remot
> > eCacheAttributes
> > jcs.auxiliary.RCluster1.attributes.RemoteTypeName=CLUSTER
> > jcs.auxiliary.RCluster1.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
> > jcs.auxiliary.RCluster1.attributes.ClusterServers=localhost:1103
> > jcs.auxiliary.RCluster1.attributes.GetOnly=false
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Simon
> >
> > This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> are
> > addressed. If you have received this message in error please delete
it
> and
> > any files transmitted with it, after notifying
> postmaster@uk.mizuho-sc.com
> > Any opinions expressed in this message may be those of the author
and
> not
> > necessarily those of the company. The company accepts no
> responsibility
> > for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained
herein.
> This
> > message is not intended to create legal relations between the
company
> and
> > the recipient.
> > Recipients should please note that messages sent via the Internet
may
> be
> > intercepted and that caution should therefore be exercised before
> > dispatching to the company any confidential or sensitive
information.
> > Mizuho International plc Bracken House, One Friday Street, London
EC4M