jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Aux cache bypassing memory cache completely?
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:39:53 GMT
If the max memory size for the region is 50, then yes,
50 should be in memory.

If you put 1 to 10,050 and your memory size is 50 then
elements 10,001 through 10,050 should be in memory.
If you get 1 to 10,050 in that order, then you will
never get anything from memory.  You wil get #1 which
will go to memory, displacing #10,001, and so on.

If you want to just use the disk, you can set the
memory size to 0.

If this doesn't help, please restate your problem and
send your cache.ccf file.

Aaron

--- "Greene, Mark" <Mark.Greene@usi.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a memory cache region setup to cache 10,000
> objects and an
> indexed file aux cache. I also have a program that
> puts 10,050  dummy
> objects into the cache through a simple loop.
> Afterwards, it just does a
> get on every single unique key it generated.
>
> Now, my understanding is that at least initially,
> the first 10,000
> objects will be kept in memory and the next 50 will
> be put on to disk.
> However, it looks like none of the objects are going
> into memory and all
> of them are going to disk according to the
> cache#getStats():
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance!
> -Mark

> Region Name = testCache1
> HitCountRam = 0
> HitCountAux = 10050
> ---------------------------LRU Memory Cache
> List Size = 9998
> Map Size = 9998
> Put Count = 20100
> Hit Count = 0
> Miss Count = 10050
> ---------------------------Indexed Disk Cache
> Is Alive = true
> Key Map Size = 1247
> Data File Length = 19064081
> Optimize Opertaion Count = 0
> Times Optimized = 0
> Recycle Count = 0
> Purgatory Hits = 9059
> Purgatory Size = 4971
> Working = true
> Alive = true
> Empty = false
> Size = 4972

> Here is my ccf file:
> # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
>
> jcs.default=DC

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
> es
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=50000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
> .lru.LRUMemoryCache
>
> # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
>
> jcs.region.testCache1=DC

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCac
> heAttributes

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.eng
> ine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500

jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAtt
> ributes

jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false

> # AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
> actory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
> dDiskCacheAttributes
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=c:/jcs
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=5000
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=100000

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=50000