jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Horton Simon" <Simon.Hor...@uk.mizuho-sc.com>
Subject RemoteCacheFactory problem 'WARNING: Error while running event from Queue:' ?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:14:21 GMT
Hi,

I was hoping that you might have seen this before and may be able to
suggest what I might do to overcome this problem I am having. I am
receiving a RemoteCacheFactory problem 'WARNING: Error while running
event from Queue: PutEvent ' on the 2nd and subsequent run of a client
program which communicates with an RMI RemoteCacheFactory server. But
not the first run with a newly started RMI server.

I have been using the 'Getting Started' and 'Basic Web Example' on the
JCS site and have set up a client cache with memory, disk and RMI remote
plug-in. I have set up two remote auxiliary remote RMI servers
(RemoteCacheFactory) in a cluster. My test client registers itself with
the remote server (running on the same localhost).

RemoteUtils.createRegistry( port );

RemoteCacheServerFactory.startup( hostName, port,  configFile );

...and then does the following:

cache.put( key, city );

cache.get( key );

When I first start the remote server and then run the client, no
problems reported. The object seems to be added to the remote cache OK.

23-Feb-2006 16:00:10
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
addCacheListener

INFO: adding vm listener under new id = 1

RemoteCacheServer:adding vm listener under new id = 1 >RMI TCP
Connection(5)-10.110.124.209

23-Feb-2006 16:00:11 org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put

INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue [listenerId=0,
cacheName=testCache1]

23-Feb-2006 16:00:21 org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$QProcessor
run

INFO: QProcessor exiting for CacheEventQueue [listenerId=0,
cacheName=testCache1]

With the remote RMI server still running, I stop the client program.
When I run the exact same client program again, the remote RMI server
reports the error 'Error while running event from Queue: PutEvent '. The
key and value pair being added are not null.

23-Feb-2006 16:03:59
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
addCacheListener

INFO: adding vm listener under new id = 2

RemoteCacheServer:adding vm listener under new id = 2 >RMI TCP
Connection(9)-10.110.124.209

23-Feb-2006 16:04:00 org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put

INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue [listenerId=0,
cacheName=testCache1]

23-Feb-2006 16:04:00 org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put

INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue [listenerId=1,
cacheName=testCache1]

23-Feb-2006 16:04:01
org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent run

WARNING: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
10.110.124.209; nested exception is:

23-Feb-2006 16:04:01
org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent run

INFO: Error while running event from Queue: PutEvent for key: city123
value: null. Retrying...

23-Feb-2006 16:04:31
org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent run

WARNING: Error while running event from Queue: PutEvent for key: city123
value: null. Dropping Event and marking Event Q

ueue as non-functional.

I am using the following versions:

jcs-1.2.7.0.jar

concurrent-1.3.4.jar

Your ideas and help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Simon

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please delete it and any files transmitted with it, after notifying postmaster@uk.mizuho-sc.com

Any opinions expressed in this message may be those of the author and not necessarily those
of the company. The company accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
any information contained herein. This message is not intended to create legal relations between
the company and the recipient.
Recipients should please note that messages sent via the Internet may be intercepted and that
caution should therefore be exercised before dispatching to the company any confidential or
sensitive information.
Mizuho International plc Bracken House, One Friday Street, London EC4M 9JA. TEL. 020 72361090.
Wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. Member of Mizuho Financial Group. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Member of the London Stock Exchange.

Registered in England No. 1203696. Registered office as above.