jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Robin Sharma <preska2...@yahoo.com>
Subject How do i invalidate cache group when cache region expires?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:48:31 GMT
Cache Expiration Problem
------------------------

Hi,
   I have a cache with expiration policy as follow:

jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=60

Now, If I put objects in groups in this default ( or
any other) region,
the group keys does not expires once the cache
expires.

Ex:
JCS cache = JCS.getInstance("default");

cache.putInGroup("1","One","myGroup");
cache.putInGroup("2","Two","myGroup");
cache.putInGroup("3","Three","myGroup");

Afetr 60 secs, once the cache expires,
      cache.getGroupKeys("myGroup") still returns a
set (1,2,3)

even if cache.getFromGroup("1","myGroup") returns null
(because the cache expired).

How do i invalidate cache group when cache region
expires?

Any clue would be appreciated.