jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: More Errors [WAS]RE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 02:35:06 GMT
The first error is nothing to worry about.  The cache
is falsely detecting an error.

At the end of the update method in the LRUMemory cache
was this check:

                if ( map.size() != dumpCacheSize() )
                {
                    log.error( "update: After spool,
size mismatch: map.size() = " + map.size() + ", linked
list size = "
                        + dumpCacheSize() );
                }

It was outside the synchronized block, so it could
return incorect values.  As you see, the two values
are the same in the log, but they must have been
different at the conditional.  I moved the check into
the synchronized block and changed the error to a
warn.

I'm synchronizing all the public methods in the Sorted
pref array.

This shouldn't effect the performance in any noticable
way.  I'm doing more testing on this change.

Aaron

--- Aaron Smuts <asmuts@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can you send me the entire stack trace and a couple
> full error log entries.  You can send if off the
> list
> if it reveals too much of your code.
>
> --- "Lane, Brad" <Brad.Lane@pearson.com> wrote:
>
> > We are getting tons of these errors:

org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache.update(LRUMemoryCache.java:1
> > 75)
> > update: After spool, size mismatch: map.size() =
> > 999, linked list size = 999
> >
> > And this one:

CacheEventQueue.QProcessor-TREEVIEW_TXEOCT[slf5s.THREAD]

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCache[slf5s.CATEGORY]

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCache.doUpdate(IndexedDiskC
> > ache.java:428)[slf5s.LOCATION]
> > Failure updating element, cacheName:
> > TREEVIEW_TXEOCT, key: [GAN:
> > groupId=[groupId=TREEVIEW_TXEOCT, SDM],
> > attrName=1035011~!~SCH01~!~556888][slf5s.MESSAGE]
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >
> > We're still getting the
> > ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException but we get these
> two
> > a lot more often now. The second one just started
> > appearing. The other two
> > have been around for a while but are more frequent
> > now.
> >
> > We recently changed our configuration to use the
> > following (we were using
> > the defaults of these before but our data file was
> > getting huge):
> > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
> > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=20000

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=20000

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/jcs/trunk/tempbuild/

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-jcs/tempbuild/

org.apache.jcs.utils.struct.SortedPreferentialArray[slf5s.CATEGORY]

=== message truncated ===