jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Reger, Jr." <reg...@gmail.com>
Subject Access to Cache Keys, Groups Performance Questions
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:51:15 GMT
Hi all!

I'm just moving things over to JCS from a couple other caching mechanisms,
mainly because of the distributed put features. I have a couple questions:

1) Without using JCS.putInGroup() and JCS.getFromGroup(), is there any way
to ket the keys for all objects in the cache? I've seen JCS.getGroupKeys()
which works with a group, but I haven't been able to find a similar function
that works when I get/put with the plain old JCS.get() and JCS.put(). I've
tried JCS.getGroupKeys() with group names of null and blank string, but
neither brings back the keys I'm looking for.

2) Is there any performance impact when using JCS.getFromGroup() instead of
JCS.get()? Seems like there might be a small cost and since in at least one
situation I don't need the group functionality but do need to retrieve keys
I thought I'd ask.

Keep up the great work!

Best,

Joe