jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Access to Cache Keys, Groups Performance Questions
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:41:12 GMT
You should try to avoid having to get the keys if
possible.  There are some ways to do it.  You can get
the memory cache from the composite cache (a region).
you can get the composite cache fromteh
compositecachemanager.  The JCS class is just a
wrapper around cacheAccess which uses the composite
cache to do all the real work.  The memory cache will
give you access to the keys, but only the keys in
memory.

In the remote distribution model, the local caches
don't have a clue what all the keys are in the system.
 They only know about what they have . . .

The grouping functionality used to be a little more
useful for getting keys, but it was more complex.

Tell me what you are trying to do, and I can probably
come up with some solution.  Start with telling me why
you need the keys.

Aaron