jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From GAME...@victoriainsurance.com
Subject RE: ElementEventQueue.QProcessor -- too many threads
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:36:23 GMT
Aaron,

Thanks so much for looking into it. This is my first entree into JCS. I
suspect there is a bad line of code somewhere in our app which causes an
arbitrary region name to be passed to the code which calls out to
JCS.getInstance (I just can't track that line of code :(

Here is the ccf for what it's worth (it does nto look very clean to me).
We have a new thread created every 2-3 minutes, which is why I think it's
not exactly the ccf file issue:
# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

# sets the default aux value for any non configured caches
jcs.default=
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=600
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=300

# SYSTEM CACHE

# should be defined for the storage of group attribute list
jcs.system.groupIdCache=
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# CACHE REGIONS AVAILABLE

# Regions pre-configured for caching

# Lookup Cache
jcs.region.lookupCache=
jcs.region.lookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.lookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.lookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=500000
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.lookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Generic Lookup Cache
jcs.region.genericLookupCache=
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=300
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.genericLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Vehicle Lookup Cache
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache=
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=400
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 2 hours.
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=7200
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.vehicleLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Coverage Lookup Cache
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache=
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=200
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.coverageLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Application Key Lookup Cache
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache=
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=200
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.applicationKeyLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Violation Lookup Cache
jcs.region.violationLookupCache=
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=200
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.violationLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Application Hint Lookup Cache
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache=
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=200
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.applicationHintLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Agency Preferences Cache
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache=
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=500
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.agencyPreferencesCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Agency Products Cache
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache=
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=500
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
# Max life of 14 hours.
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50400
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.agencyProductsCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Search Results Cache
jcs.region.searchResultsCache=
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=20
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=300
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.searchResultsCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Claims Lookup Cache
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache=
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=86400
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.ClaimsLookupCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

#======================================================
# Cache Regions for TESTING purposes
#
# Regions pre-configured for caching junit test scripts.
#======================================================

# Test Cache
jcs.region.testCache=
jcs.region.testCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.testCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.testCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=60
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.testCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Scheduled Expire Cache
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache=
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=50
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.DAY_OF_WEEK = 1,2,5,6
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.HOUR_OF_DAY = 18
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.MINUTE = 00
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.SECOND = 30
# DELAY=24 hours (24*60*60*1000 ms)
jcs.region.scheduleExpireCache.elementattributes.DELAY = 86400000

# LRU Memory Cache
jcs.region.memoryCache=
jcs.region.memoryCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.memoryCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.memoryCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=30
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# MRU Memory Cache
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache=
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.mru.MRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=5
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.mruMemoryCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# Disk Cache
jcs.region.diskCache=DC
jcs.region.diskCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.diskCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.diskCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=5
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.diskCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# AUXILIARY CACHES AVAILABLE

# Primary Disk Cache -- faster than the rest because of memory key storage
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=webapps/pwp/WEB-INF/cache

# Remote RMI Cache set up to failover
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteTypeName=LOCAL
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=scriptserver:1102
jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false

"Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Smuts@travelocity.com>
09/07/2005 02:22 PM
Please respond to "JCS Users List"