jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Zabel, Ian" <IZa...@cirqit.com>
Subject RE: Serializing question about JCS in a Lateral Cache config
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:35:01 GMT
LOL, I agree, some of those class names are pretty bad. What can you do,
though? Haha

All of the keys we're using are our own objects and are serializable. So
we're good there. :)

Ian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch Gorman [mailto:gorman@sportsline.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:55 PM
To: JCS Users List
Subject: Re: Serializing question about JCS in a Lateral Cache config

> allowPut=false and allowGet=false should do the trick (as long as a
> remove
> doesn't try to serialize the object across the lateral :). Our

    i know this is a "duh!" kind of point, but it bears stating the
obvious, that you'll want to make sure that your *keys* aren't objects
with non-serializable components... i don't know this for certain, so
aaron can confirm, but i'm pretty sure the keys have to be serialized
themselves in order to get passed around for the removes.  so long as
you don't use any of those godawfully-named classes of yours as keys ;),
you should be okay.