jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: Limiting Disk Cache Size?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:18:06 GMT
You can only limit the number of keys, not the size of the file.  The
disk cache keeps track of empty spots from where an item has been
removed and it tries to reuse them, but this doesn't stop it from
growing indefinitely if you keep putting larger and larger items on
disk.  I don't think that the disk cache marks a spot as available when
a key is spooled off the disk cache key lru.  . . .