jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Andrew ...@starfishzone.com>
Subject RE: Forced spool to Disc Cache
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:06:04 GMT
At 22:19 12/09/2005, Aaron wrote:
>Calling shutdown on the cache manager will force a spool.

Thank you, this is great for a DC which has stuff in it.

However, I would like to be able to spool the Memory Cache to disc; i.e.
some kind of operation to push everything to the disc cache (and then issue
shutDown() on the disc cache)?

Of course, it works if I set the memory cache's MaxObjects=1 and I can set
the MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds and ShrinkerIntervalSeconds right
down.   However, I would like the benefit of JCS whilst my application
runs, but only force the spool to disc as my application completes.