jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Gorman <gor...@sportsline.com>
Subject Re: Serializing question about JCS in a Lateral Cache config
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:55:04 GMT

> allowPut=false and allowGet=false should do the trick (as long as a
> remove
> doesn't try to serialize the object across the lateral :). Our

    i know this is a "duh!" kind of point, but it bears stating the
obvious, that you'll want to make sure that your *keys* aren't objects
with non-serializable components... i don't know this for certain, so
aaron can confirm, but i'm pretty sure the keys have to be serialized
themselves in order to get passed around for the removes.  so long as
you don't use any of those godawfully-named classes of yours as keys ;),
you should be okay.