jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Siefker, Adam" <sief...@amazon.com>
Subject LTCP cache and load
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:38:50 GMT
When using LTCP cache I've seen 2 java threads start to concume all CPU resources on my servers.
The servers in question have 2 CPUs and each CPU is at 100% capacity. It appears that a JCS.get(key)
call is not returning and is the source of this.

Cache.ccf:

# sets the default aux value for any non configured caches
jcs.default=
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

#Blended search results caching
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults=LTCP
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=100
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=100
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=30
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
#Search results will be retained for 30 minutes.
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=1800
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.elementattributes.IsSpool=false
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.elementattributes.IsLateral=true
jcs.region.fijiSearchBlendedResults.elementattributes.IsRemote=false

#Later TCP cache
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=serverA:1812,serverB:1812
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1812
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=false

Attached is a segment of my log file. This is the first JCS call that apparently does not
return.

 <<logs.txt>>
If I can provide you with any more information please let me know.

Adam