jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: TCP lateral cache not shutting down
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:56:00 GMT
Hi Adam,

I thought I had those as daemon threads.  ?  The udp sender uses such a
thread factory for it's pooled executor.  The udp listener thread is set
as a daemon.

I'm running in jboss now, and it shuts down fine, but I'm moving back to
Tomcat very soon.

I had the same problem with the memory shrinker.  It was a daemon, but
it didn't seem to stop properly.  I had to tell the pooled executor to
shutdown.

I'll look at the listener thread.

If you solved it, let me know the details, or send a patch.  I'll put it
in.

Cheers,

Aaron