jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From saipradee...@tcs.com
Subject Re: Simple JCS program
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:38:48 GMT

Hi,

I am enclosing a simple JCS program with this mail. I am not able to run
it successfully. I am getting an exception, which i couldnt solve. please
do help.

Cheers
Saipradeep

PS: I haven't configured any cache file in the form of cache.ccf. If it
has to be configured, please send a minimal config file which can work for
this program.

TestViewCache.java

public class TestViewCache {

        public static void main(String args[])
        {
                Long vcid = new Long(4);
                List compdata = null;
                JCS instance = null;
                try {
                        instance = JCS.getInstance("modelcache");
                } catch (CacheException e) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
                String cachekey="userid"+4;
                compdata.add("My Activities "+"1
"+"com.bofa.crme.grp.som.cdb.Activity");
                try {
                        instance.put(cachekey,compdata);
                } catch (CacheException e1) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e1.printStackTrace();
                }
        }

Exception

(org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager).
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:146)
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:162)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:227)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:201)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:303)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:266)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:259)
        at org.apache.jcs.JCS.getInstance(JCS.java:66)
        at TestViewCache.main(TestViewCache.java:27)
Exception in thread "main"

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments.  Thank you