jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: Remote Auxiliary Cache
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:03:22 GMT
Did you start the remote cache server?  There is a sample script in the
src/scripts directory.

jcs.auxiliary.RCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCa
> > ch
> > > eAttributes
> > > jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemoteTypeName=LOCAL
> > > jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
> > > jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemotePort=1099
> > > jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.GetOnly=true
> > >

> > > The rest of my cache.ccf looks like this:
> > >

> > > #### DEFAULT CACHE REGION
> > >
> > > jcs.default=DC,RCache

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
> > es
> > > JCS.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
> > .l
> > > ru.LRUMemoryCache
> > > jcs.default.cacheattributes.maxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> > > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> > > jcs.default.elementattributes.maxLifeSeconds=3600
> > > jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> > > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> > > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> > > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> > >

> > > #### PREDEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> > >
> > > jcs.region.testCache1=DC,RCache

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCac
> > he
> > > Attributes
> > > jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.eng
> > in
> > > e.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.maxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=7200

jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAtt
> > ri
> > > butes
> > > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> > > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> > > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> > > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> > > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> > >

> > > #### AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
> > > # Primary disk cache

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
> > ac
> > > tory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
> > dD
> > > iskCacheAttributes
> > > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/tmp/jcs/raf
> > > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
> > > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=10000
> > > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=300000
> > > jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=7500
> > >

> > > When trying to run this after having started the rmiregistry,
> > > I get the following error messages:
> > >

> > > "ERROR  - Problem finding server at

[//localhost:1099/org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.behavior.IRemoteCacheS
> > er
> > > vice]"
> > >

> > > Furthermore I get the following stack trace (upper part):
> > >

> > > "java.rmi.NotBoundException:
> > > org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.behavior.IRemoteCacheService
> > >         at
> > > sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer
> > > (StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
> > >         at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall
> > > (StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
> > >         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:343)
> > >         at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown
Source)