jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: Remote Auxiliary Cache
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:36:46 GMT

What does your remote cache config file look like?

You have to startup the remote server, which uses a slightly different
config file.  Did you do this?

Aaron

jcs.auxiliary.RCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCa
ch
> eAttributes
> jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemoteTypeName=LOCAL
> jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
> jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemotePort=1099
> jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.GetOnly=true
>

> The rest of my cache.ccf looks like this:
>

> #### DEFAULT CACHE REGION
>
> jcs.default=DC,RCache

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
> JCS.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.l
> ru.LRUMemoryCache
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.maxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
> jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.default.elementattributes.maxLifeSeconds=3600
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
>

> #### PREDEFINED CACHE REGIONS
>
> jcs.region.testCache1=DC,RCache

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCac
he
> Attributes
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.eng
in
> e.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.maxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=7200

jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAtt
ri
> butes
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
>

> #### AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
> # Primary disk cache

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
ac
> tory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dD
> iskCacheAttributes
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/tmp/jcs/raf
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=10000
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=300000
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=7500
>

> When trying to run this after having started the rmiregistry,
> I get the following error messages:
>

> "ERROR  - Problem finding server at

[//localhost:1099/org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.behavior.IRemoteCacheS
er