jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Phineas Fung" <phineas_f...@hotmail.com>
Subject cache content survives a server restart
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:14:53 GMT
We're using JCS in a servlet environment, and want to see if we can have the
cache content survive a server restart.

Becoz the cache management module is very far away from the servlet class,
it's not very possible to pass a "shutdown" event to the cache management
module (so that it can invoke JCS.dispose()).  But on the other hand, we
want to have the cache content persists in a local file, and hope that its
content is always up-to-date, so that we can rebuild the cache from the file
when server restarts (e.g. after a crash).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Best Regards,
Phineas Fung