jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NPE right out the gate!
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:37:44 GMT
Yes.  JCS requires that you have a cache.ccf file.  It
cannot run unconfigured.  It doesn't give very nice
error messages when there is no cach.ccf, but it does
say so in the logs.

--- Sam Mefford <meffordsm@ldschurch.org> wrote:

> I tried the simplest thing on my first try with JCS
> (I downloaded 1.2.6.5).
> Here's what I get:
>  java.lang.NullPointerException	at

org.apache.jcs.config.OptionConverter.findAndSubst(OptionConverter.java:252)
> at

org.apache.jcs.config.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java:147)
> at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseElementAttributes(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:317)
> at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:216)
> at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:201)
> at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:303)
> at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:266)
> at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:259)