jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Rasmussen <rasmus...@2e-systems.com>
Subject RE: Remote Auxiliary Cache
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:27:54 GMT
Ok, that obviously was important ;-)

But even though I did it exactly as told,
specifying the registry port and the
service port to the same number as the
number of the port the registry is to be
started on, (all three 1101) I keep getting nowhere.
My policy file is allright, allowing everything:

grant {
// Allow everything for now
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
// permission java.net.SocketPermission "localhost:*", "listen,resolve";
//permission java.net.SocketPermission "*:1024-65535", "connect,accept";
//permission java.io.FilePermission
//"/home/alistair/bookingengine/classes/-", "read";
};

My remote.cache.ccf file :

# Registry used to register and provide the IRmiCacheService service.
registry.host=localhost
registry.port=1101

# call back port to local caches.
remote.cache.service.port=1101
remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true

and my cache.cc#### DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=DC,RCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=3000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes.maxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.maxLifeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false

#### PREDEFINED CACHE REGIONS

jcs.region.testCache1=DC,RCache
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=3000
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.maxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=7200
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsLateral=true
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsRemote=false

#### AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
# Primary disk cache

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/tmp/jcs/raf
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=10000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=300000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=7500

# Remote RMI cache without failover

jcs.auxiliary.RCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemoteTypeName=LOCAL
jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.RemotePort=1101
jcs.auxiliary.RCache.attributes.GetOnly=true

I then start the script like this:

./startRemoteCache.sh /remote.cache.ccf 1101

and get the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.server.ExportException:
Port already in use: 1102;
nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:243)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject
(TCPTransport.java:178)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:382)
at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:116)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject
(UnicastServerRef.java:180)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(RegistryImpl.java:92)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.<init>(RegistryImpl.java:78)
at java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry
(LocateRegistry.java:186)
at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteUtils.createRegistry
(RemoteUtils.java:60)

In addition to the above parameters in the remote.cache.ccf file
I tried specifying everything from the cache.ccf file thus having
specified everything in the remote.cache.ccf. But with the same
result.
If I start the script on a different port than the one specified
in the remote.cache.ccf file, it starts without error messages.

Did I miss the obvious ?

Tom