jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Rune Jeppesen <...@visanti.com>
Subject Re: Simple JCS program
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:20:54 GMT
saipradeep.v@tcs.com wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am new to JCS. I have written a simple JCS program as per the guidelines
>
>i got from the documentation. But I am not able to successfully execute
>it. I am enclosing my program and the exception which I have received for
>your perusal. please do suggest.
>
>Cheers
>Saipradeep V.G.

>Exception
>
>log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
>(org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager).
>log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/Channel
>        at
>org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:203)
>        at
>org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:192)
>        at
>org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:149)
>        at
>org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getInstance(CompositeCacheManager.java:93)
>        at org.apache.jcs.JCS.ensureCacheManager(JCS.java:99)
>        at org.apache.jcs.JCS.getInstance(JCS.java:64)
>        at
>com.bofa.crme.grp.view.CacheController.<init>(CacheController.java:31)
>        at
>com.bofa.crme.grp.view.CacheController.getInstance(CacheController.java:43)
>        at TestViewCache.main(TestViewCache.java:28)
>Exception in thread "main"

Hi Saipradeep V.G.,

In an earlier message Aaron kinda gave the answer:

"There is nothing particularly incestuous about the JCS
dependency list:  commons-lang, common-logging, and
util concurrent are extremely common dependencies.

If you haven't already, take a look at the util
concurrent library.  It is one of the best Java
pacakges around:

http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html

"
So what you have to do is have the concurrent package in your classpath,
that should solve your problem.

Regards,
Rune J.