jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Hariprasath Manivannan <hari.manivan...@gmail.com>
Subject Query regarding remote cache
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 07:35:29 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to use the remote cache feature of JCS in my J2EE based
application. Basically my core application is a static data-store. Since the
data is static, I decided to use the remote cache feature as this can reduce
the RMI calls and network traffic.

Now if I have a cache and both server side and client side, then I may face
issue during the remote caches synchronization. The server side cache will
be a global cache containing all the cached objects. This is fine. But once
synchronization is complete, the client cache's will become similar in
content to the server side cache. So for any given client application cache
will be holding data which is not relevant to that application.

Is there any way where by I still maintain the remote cache, but synchronize
with primary cache server "selectively" - based on a application ID or
something like that.

Regards,
Hari