jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JCS Setup Questions
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 04:41:28 GMT

--- Daniel Rosenbaum <drdan321-nospam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> So if I understand correctly, there is a possibility
> of serving
> raw data on server B if the invalidate event on
> server A is
> stuck in the queue.  Is this correct?

Stuck in the queue is not the problem.  There is a
period of time that B has old data after A has been
updated.  That's the problem.  It's a race condition.
Without a transaction and distributed locking all you
can do is minimize the amount of time and lessen the
chance.

There are Oracle rack clusters that have the same kind
of windows.  What you do is make sure the user goes
back to the same cluster server.   . . .  At a certain
scale there are no good solutions.

There are various strategies for setups like yours.
Go to the db before submitting a change.  . . .  Use
versioning of the objects.  . .  Store last modified
times . . .

I'll get to your examples next.

Aaron