jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "vonrosen2000" <vonrosen2...@yahoo.com>
Subject jcs lateral tcp cache config
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 06:56:49 GMT
I have 2 tomcat instances running, each with the same app, except for
the cache config (see below for full text).  Also, each app goes against
a different database with different data.

the only difference between the 2 apps is the ip address in the line of
cache.ccf:

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=192.168.0.3:1110

i start 1 instance (server1), and then a second instance (server2) which
executes the code:

productCache.put(String.valueOf(prodId), p);

I assume that this line of code would broadcast the local data on
server1 to server2 via the lateral cache. However when I check server2 I
see that the data hasn't changed.  Are there any general areas you could
point me towards to resolve this behaviour?

Thanks,

Hunter

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# System CACHE REGION

jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
acheAttributes

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# CACHE REGIONS AVAILABLE

# Regions preconfigured for caching

jcs.region.ProductCache=LTCP

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
acheAttributes

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=4000

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

jcs.region.ProductCache.cacheattributes.IsLateral=true

#AUX CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCa
cheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=192.168.0.3:1110

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1110

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=false

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=c:/

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000