jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <aasm...@wisc.edu>
Subject RE: JCS 1.2 - CompositeCache:get(571)-->java.lang.NullPointerExce ption
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:54:33 GMT
Upgrade to 1.2.4-dev.  I'll change the log message if it hasn't been
changed already.  Good idea.

Can you send me a more complete stack trace, so I can investigate a bit
further.  I wonder if it could be related to the key you are passing in.
. . .

Aaron

CompositeCache:get(571)-->java.lang.NullPointerExce
> ption
>
> When the argument, key, passed in to the method (below) contains a
null,

>     protected ICacheElement get( Serializable key, boolean localOnly )
>     {
>         ICacheElement element = null;
>
>         boolean found = false;
>
>         if ( log.isDebugEnabled() )
>         {
>             log.debug( "get: key = " + key + ", localOnly = " +
localOnly
> );
>         }
>
>         try
>         {
>             // First look in memory cache
>
>             element = memCache.get( key );     //NPE is getting thrown
> from
> here
>
> a NPE gets thrown from the statement above, then caught and logged at
the
> bottom of this method.
>
> Might help to resolve issues like this quicker if the catch looked
like:

>         catch ( Exception e )
>         {
>             log.error("cacheName=" + cacheName + ", key=" + key, e );
>         }
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

elementattributes