jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <aaro...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Excessive number of JCS objects in memory
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:50:26 GMT
All the releases so far are dev releases.  This will be the case until we have a more formal
release process, hopefully when we are a top level Jakarta project in the near future.

I think the 1.1 version you are using must be from July.  It was updated in July and then
in November.  Since then, I have started issuing a new version for each minor release.

The disk cache rw lock issue may still be present in the current release.  There haven't been
any major disk cache changes since the 1.1.

Cah you send the disk cache configuration section of your cache.ccf file in an email?

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyatt, Allen [mailto:Allen.Wyatt@travelocity.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 4:39 PM
To: Turbine JCS Users List
Subject: RE: Excessive number of JCS objects in memory

Regarding using newer JCS - which one?  What is the latest "stable"
version - is it "jcs-1.2.3-dev.jar" (the "-dev" in the name makes me think not).

Right now we're using JCS 1.1 (downloaded Oct 19 2004) and commons collections 2.1.

Putting heavy load on the disk cache (each of the 100s of user sessions to each webserver
on our website has the potential to put something in the disk cache as well as other parts
of the application putting stuff into it).

Thanks for all the help.