jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <aaro...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Element attribute IsSpool does nothing
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:45:33 GMT
It's fixed now.  I'll make another dev build after more testing.

I can't remember what happened.  . . . The spool method now checks if the items are spoolable.

We need better unit tests around all these element config options.  I'll work on some soon.
 Maybe your test class would work.  Feel free to send it if you think it would help.

Elements should now leave purgatory even if the disk cache is not alive.  I will work on a
better solution to this problem.  The disk cache balks on most operations if it is not alive.
 Puts however invovle the purgatory, so they are a bit different.  We need a way to avoid
purgatory if the cache is not alive.  I'll work on something.

Cheers,

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyatt, Allen [mailto:Allen.Wyatt@travelocity.com]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 3:20 PM
To: turbine-jcs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Element attribute IsSpool does nothing

If I'm reading the JCS code correctly (and my unit tests are working), it appears the IsSpool
element attribute isn't used.

I test this by creating a cache region that uses a disk cache and writing some elements to
the cache, half of which have IsSpool turned on and half of which have it turned off.  However,
when the cache region spools to disk the items that have IsSpool turned off are written to
disk along with the others.

Is this fixed in a later version of JCS?