jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Smuts, Aaron" <aaro...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Master cache machine no longer reachable causes spurious threads?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:53:01 GMT
The various RMI properties that can be set are listed here.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/rmi/sunrmiproperties.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Smuts, Aaron [mailto:aaronsm@amazon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:40 PM
To: mail@timcocks.co.uk
Cc: turbine-jcs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Master cache machine no longer reachable causes spurious threads?

Remove, and put requests to the remote rmi server are done asynchronously; however, get's
are synchronous.

If a get locks up, then it could potentially block other put and remove requests locally.
 Are you seeing all requests block.

Why is the situation different if the machine goes down, versus the rmi server not running?
 I haven't dug into the sun rmi code very far.

What do you suggest?

You could run in put only mode with remove on put set to false, if you frequently have machines
shutting down thereby killing the remote server.

Aaron