jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Wyatt, Allen" <Allen.Wy...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: Excessive number of JCS objects in memory
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:39:24 GMT
Regarding using newer JCS - which one?  What is the latest "stable"
version - is it "jcs-1.2.3-dev.jar" (the "-dev" in the name makes me
think not).

Right now we're using JCS 1.1 (downloaded Oct 19 2004) and commons
collections 2.1.

Putting heavy load on the disk cache (each of the 100s of user sessions
to each webserver on our website has the potential to put something in
the disk cache as well as other parts of the application putting stuff
into it).

Thanks for all the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Smuts, Aaron [mailto:aaronsm@amazon.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 5:52 PM
To: Turbine JCS Users List
Subject: RE: Excessive number of JCS objects in memory

The abstract disk cache still uses that old write lock for each item put
into the disk cache.  The indexed disk cache used to use it.  The Core
disk cache class now uses the Doug Lea read write lock classes.

I will convert the abstact disk cache to use the Doug Lea read write
lock also.

What version of JCS are you using?  You should probably upgrade JCS and
the commons collections libraries.  Your problem earlier looked like a
commons issue.

What kind of load are you putting on the disk cache?

Aaron